NordicTrack is a world-leading American brand that manufactures high-quality home exercise equipment, including rowing machines, treadmills, and ellipticals.
Elliptical machines are among fitness enthusiasts’ most popular gym equipment because they provide a reliable cardiovascular workout that’s easy on your joints. NordicTrack ellipticals are well-known for their ample workout programming and great entertainment features such as iFit connectivity, HD screens, and built-in speakers.
Are you looking for the best NordicTrack elliptical to take your fitness goals to the next level? Here’s what you need to know about NordicTrack ellipticals.
Related: Best Elliptical Machine Under $1000
The FreeStride trainers allow you to perform stepper, treadmill, and elliptical-style workouts. These ellipticals are ideal for those looking for variety, several high-tech features, and longer strides. These machines come with adjustable inclines, impressive 32″ stride, touch displays, and iFit workout technology. Although they are expensive, you are guaranteed a much more complete workout.
These ellipticals are great for people looking for intense workouts because they have heavy flywheels to give you a smooth and quiet workout experience. Front Drive ellipticals have a compact size and an impressive power adjustable 19-20″ strides, several built-in workouts, and up to 20% power incline.
These foldable rear-drive ellipticals are made to minimize impact, provide comfort, and save space. They are a favorite choice for people who like a balanced, neutral posture during moderate-intensity exercises. However, rear-drive models have the shortest stride lengths and may not suit taller users.
What to expect from a Life Fitness elliptical
What We Like:
- Stride Choices: Whether you’re tall or short, you will get a perfect elliptical for you. Some NordicTrack ellipticals are comfortable for shorter people, while some have a variety of stride choices.
- iFit Technology: NordicTrack ellipticals are equipped with iFit that allows you to communicate with the internet. iFit allows you to run the world with Google Maps and enjoy customized workout programs. These customized workouts are progressive and are designed to help you improve your fitness levels.
- Speakers with MP3 Input: Most NordicTrack models come with speaker systems, but the sound quality sucks. NordicTrack has some of the best speakers on their ellipticals.
- Resistance Levels: NordicTrack ellipticals are designed to suit people of all skill levels and desired workout intensities.
- HD Videos: With these ellipticals, you will enjoy beautiful sceneries with HD video workouts of famous landscapes. The speed of the video depends on your motion. Your elliptical will automatically adjust your machine’s elevation or incline/decline.
- Consoles: NordicTrack ellipticals have impressive consoles at all price points. Even the budget models are iFit ready and come with various preset workouts, built-in speakers, tablet holders, workout fans, and other features to help you stay motivated and comfortable.
- Moving Handlebars: All NordicTrack ellipticals have moving arm bars that support your total body workouts.
- Customer Service: NordicTrack has made great improvements in its customer service.
What We Don’t Like:
- Reduced iFit Free Trial: NordicTrack ellipticals came with a 1-year free membership; the trial has been reduced to 30 days.
Related: Best Shoes for Cross-Training
Best NordicTrack Elliptical Reviews
NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i
If you’re looking for a compact trainer that boasts a small storage footprint, this is a good bet. The NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i is a multi-function elliptical machine with a rear-drive that allows it to collapse down when not in use. This trainer is a great option for people who need a quiet and low-impact workout. The SE7i comes with the latest iFit Coach technology, which gives you access to several specialized workout programs, diet plans, exercise recommendations, and Google Maps.
This trainer also has a whopping 24 trainer-designed programs, including 12 performance-based and 12 calorie-based workouts. These programs are designed to help you hit your fitness goals in no time. The SE7i features a convenient Space Saver design that you can fold and store easily after working out. This trainer has a smooth and quiet operation, and the rear-drive mechanism puts you in a more straight-up position than a front-drive.
The SpaceSaver SE7i has a 5-inch display that gives you all the relevant workout metrics, including calories, time, distance, speed, RPMs, and incline level. With this elliptical, you’re guaranteed a wide range of workout options, space-saving design, incline capabilities, and everything iFit Coach has to offer.
- 22 resistance levels
- 5-inch backlit display
- AutoBreeze workout fan
- 24 workout programs
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to fold
- Space-saving design
- Adjustable and well-cushioned pedals
- The stride is a bit short for some trainers
NordicTrack E 7.5 Z Elliptical
The NordicTrack E 7.5 Z Elliptical is designed to help you get and stay motivated. At this price range, this machine comes with everything that it should and everything you will need to take your fitness to the next level. This machine gives you access to interactive personal training powered by iFit. It comes with a 30-day iFit membership that helps you access on-demand studio and global workouts, interactive training sessions, and connected fitness tracking.
This elliptical trainer has a 5-inch high-contrast display that allows you to track crucial workout stats. It also comes with an integrated tablet holder that can securely hold your device to allow you to stream iFit workouts. This machine has a quiet and smooth operation, thanks to the SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance.
- 5-inch screen size
- Integrated tablet holder
- 20 levels of resistance
- 15-pound Inertia-Enhanced flywheel
- 300-pound user capacity
- Smooth and quiet operation
- Adjustable stride
- Heavy flywheel
- Sturdy build
- It may be a bit tricky to assemble
NordicTrack Elite 10.9 Elliptical
If you’re a heavier person, a beginner looking for guided workouts, or on a budget, the NordicTrack Elite 10.9 Elliptical is a great choice. This machine comes with 32 workout programs to choose from and has an iFit subscription with access to interactive personal training. This elliptical is designed to suit beginners and experts alike. The Elite 10.9 has a max weight capacity of 350 pounds, giving a sturdy frame for heavy guys to feel comfortable on.
The NordicTrack Elite 10.9 Elliptical has an immersive 7-inch interactive HD touchscreen, 24 levels of resistance, incline levels, and an adjustable stride length. If people of different sizes will use the machine, the Elite 10.9 has an adjustable stride length to ensure that everyone can work out comfortably and worry-free. The best thing about this elliptical is that it comes with a 10-year frame warranty and a one-year parts and labor warranty.
- 24 levels of resistance
- 20-pound flywheel
- 350-pound weight capacity
- 7-inch interactive HD touchscreen display
- AutoBreeze Workout Fan
- Effective cooling fans
- Interactive touchscreen display
- It has a one-year iFit membership
- High-energy studio workouts
- The elliptical is a bit heavy and hard to move
NordicTrack Commercial 12.9
The NordicTrack Commercial 12.9 offers a ton of amenities at a budget-friendly price. The 12.9 has the functionality and technology needed for a residential gym. This machine helps you mix fitness with pleasure, thanks to the perfect combination of high-end parts with interactive workouts and the option to stream your favorite tunes. This elliptical is designed to suit people of all fitness levels, has a wide variety of challenge settings, and is compatible with iFit for customized guidance.
This elliptical has a 7-inch HD Interactive touchscreen display that helps you stream on-demand iFit workouts into your home directly on your machine. It has an AutoBreeze Workout fan that keeps you cool and comfortable while working out. What’s more, NordicTrack gives a lifetime warranty on the frame, five years on parts, and a 2-year labor warranty.
- 7-inch interactive touchscreen display
- 20-degree incline
- Soft Touch Upper-body Grips
- Automatic trainer control
- Auto-adjustable stride length
- Padded grips with multiple holding positions
- Easy to use console
- Reliable warranty terms
- Assembly may be a bit tricky for one person
- Not a space-saving elliptical
NordicTrack Commercial 14.9 Elliptical
The NordicTrack Commercial 14.9 Elliptical is built to suit beginners and experts who want to take their fitness to the next level. This machine is built with commercial-grade parts while offering advanced options that can only be found at the gym. It has a 10-inch HD smart touchscreen display with improved graphics processing, ensuring crisp and seamless playback of your workout sessions.
This elliptical is equipped with one of the heaviest flywheels on the market and has a super-heavy flywheel with the Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR). It also includes 30-day family membership, allowing multiple users to save their profiles on the elliptical. Since there are so many ways to use the elliptical, with the ability to vary the string length, intensity, and height, making it a versatile machine for both comfort and training.
- 10-inch touchscreen display
- 19-inch adjustable stride
- 20-degree adjustable power ramp
- 26 levels of resistance
- Water bottle holder
- Several built-in workout programs
- Impressive customer service
- Powerful flywheel
- Smart console features
- It may not suit some taller guys
How many calories does an elliptical machine burn?
The elliptical machine can burn between 175 and 225 calories per 30 minutes of exercise at a moderate effort.
Which muscles do the elliptical machine target?
To get the best out of your elliptical machine, you need to evenly distribute your resistance and weight. This machine targets your quads, hamstrings, glutes, biceps, triceps, chest, and core muscles.
Do NordicTrack Ellipticals Need Lubrication?
To ensure that your elliptical functions well, it’s important to lubricate it after 3 to 6 months. However, the frequency depends on how often you use the machine.
Can You Use a NordicTrack Elliptical Without an iFit Subscription?
You can use NordicTrack ellipticals without an iFit subscription. However, you will only access the manual mode and built-in programs.
Is NordicTrack or Sole Better for Ellipticals?
This entirely depends on the features that matter to you most. NordicTrack is a good bet if programming and technology are the main features you’re looking for. On the other hand, if you’re looking for superior build quality and warranty, Sole will carry the day.
Elliptical workouts offer an easy and low-impact way to improve your heart rate from the comfort of your home. Although there are several brands to choose from, NordicTrack outshines them with its high-quality models that suit various budgets and exercise needs. However, before making the final decision, ensure you consider the stride length, training options, special features, and price.